We take privacy seriously. This policy outlines how we treat personal information.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog or website?
We collect contact information from visitors of our site through our contact forms and member logins.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, visit our website, respond to a survey or marketing communication, click a trackable link in an email, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To create advertising and messages.
- To communicate with you.
How do we protect your information?
Our website plugins and systems are updated regularly to keep them secure and make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use an SSL certificate to encrypt all personal information that is passed through the site.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Improve your website experience (e.g. if content was revealed after a specific amount of time on a page, we might show you this content immediately if you return to that page.)
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Cookies for Analytics and Advertising:
We do not sell or trade your Personal Information to outside parties. We do use trusted third-party services in operating our business, and at times may transfer your personal details to these services we are using – such as website hosting partners, bulk email providers and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
You can opt-out of email communications:
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, we agree to the following:
- Include clear and accurate contact information in emails
- Give clear instructions on how to unsubscribe
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
How to Delete Your Data
If you would like us to delete your data you can follow these steps:
Emails: You can unsubscribe from emails at any time. Just click the link in the bottom of the email. If you would like us to delete all personal information please contact us using the contact details below.
This website: If you login to this website, please contact us to request that we delete your account from this site.
Cookies: Clearing your browser cookies will delete any cookies that are relevant to this site from your device.
Facebook: To delete Facebook tracking data you will need to do that through Facebook. To get started, go to Facebook > Settings & Privacy > Settings > Your Facebook Information > Off-Facebook Activity. From there, you can manage your Off-Facebook Activity, clear all history and turn off Future Off-Facebook Activity for your account.
New Zealand Association of Orthodontists (NZAO)
+64 9 442 1099 Mon – Fri (9am – 5pm)
P O Box 179, Albany